|The Florida Society of Health-System Pharmacists (FSHP) is the professional association of pharmacy practitioners that promotes and supports the continual improvement of pharmaceutical care and the profession of pharmacy as an essential component for the delivery of health care.|
FSHP's mission is to represent its members and to provide leadership to enable its members practicing in hospitals, health-systems and other organized healthcare settings to:
- Provide high-quality pharmaceutical care services aimed at drug-use control and rational drug therapy.
- Develop professional standards for pharmaceutical services.
- Promote pharmacy as an essential component of the healthcare team.
- Foster an adequate supply of well-trained, competent pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and associated supportive personnel.
- Develop and conduct programs for maintaining and improving the competence of its members.
- Disseminate information about pharmaceutical services and rational drug use.
- Contribute to programs that emphasize the health needs of the public and the prevention of disease.
- Improve communication among pharmacists, other members of the health care industry and the public.
- Promote research in the health and pharmaceutical sciences and in pharmaceutical services.
- Promote the economic welfare of its members.